Our clinical goal is research in cooperation with hospitals, community pharmacies, and related organizations. In collaboration with Gifu University Hospital, our undergraduate and graduate students are carrying out “Practice-Based Research” aimed at improving the quality of life of patients and efficacy of existing therapies. In particular, the results of studies on the reduction of the side effects of cancer chemotherapy and on the proper use of antibiotics are used for clinical improvement. In cooperation with local hospitals and community pharmacies, we are engaged in clinical research on the optimization of medication therapy in the fields of oncology, infectious disease, chronic kidney disease, and Chinese traditional medicine. In cooperation with local pharmaceutical associations, we promote the proper use of generic drugs and aim to strengthen the expertise of pharmacists in home health care.
- Study on the professional competence required of pharmacists in home health care
- Study on the optimization of medication therapy utilizing the expertise of pharmacists
- Study on the optimization of home health care utilizing the expertise of community pharmacists
- Personalized drug therapy-directed clinical pharmacology research based on genetic polymorphisms and pharmacokinetics analysis
- Study on the roles of pharmacist in disaster medicine
- Nakashima M., Kato T., Matsuura K., Imanishi Y., Uchiumi T., Fujinaga T., Sugiyama T., A patient with malignant pleural mesothelioma complicated with Dubin-Johnson syndrome treated with cisplatin/pemetrexed combination therapy: The need to consider mutation to the ATP-binding cassette-C2 gene and the pharmacokinetics of pemetrexed, Int. Canc. Conf. J., 4, 35-40 (2015).
- Ichie T., Suzuki D., Yasui K., Takahashi H., Matsuda M., Hayashi H., Sugiura Y., Sugiyama T., The association between risk factors and time of onset for thrombocytopenia in Japanese patients receiving linezolid therapy: A retrospective analysis, J. Clin. Pharm. Ther., 40, 279-284 (2015).
- Ichie T., Urano K., Suzuki D., Okada T., Kobayashi N., Hayashi H., Sugiura Y., Yamamura K., Sugiyama T., Influence of cerebral fluid drainage on the pharmacokinetics of vancomycin in neurosurgical patients, Pharmazie, 70, 404-409 (2015).
- Tazoe Y., Hayashi H., Tsuboi S., Shioura T., Matsuyama T., Yamada H., Hirai K., Tsuji D., Inoue K., Sugiyama T., Itoh K., Reduced folate carrier 1 gene expression levels are correlated with methotrexate efficacy in Japanese patients with rheumatoid arthritis, Drug Metab. Pharmacokinet., 30, 227-230 (2015).
- Suzuki D., Ichie T., Hayashi H., Sugiura Y., Sugiyama T., Gastrointestinal symptoms after the substitution of sevelamer hydrochloride with lanthanum carbonate in Japanese patients undergoing hemodialysis, Pharmazie, 70, 522-526 (2015).