In recent years, development of eco-friendly synthetic methods has been required in synthetic organic chemistry. In such a demanding environment, we have been working on reducing the environmental impact of the practical application of drug discovery process.
- We investigated the environment- and human-friendly oxidation process with “light”, representative clean energy, and “molecular oxygen”. Up to now, we found the oxidation of methyl group on the aromatic ring using a bromine source as catalyst, tandem oxidative rearrangement using iodine source, and variety of photooxidative reaction. In addition, we focused on the photooxidation using an organocatalyst. These reactions are environmental- and human-friendly oxidation due to its heavymetal-free process.
- We investigated the interaction with water as safe and economical solvent instead of an organic solvent. It is also performed the development of asymmetric reactions using organocatalyst instead of the toxic metal catalyst. Furthermore, studies of the reusable organocatalyst have been done.
- We investigated the reactivity of heterogeneous catalysts such as zeolites or mesoporous silicas, and found the various reactions using their acidity and photocatalytic activity.
- Studies of environmentally-friendly oxidation using molecular oxygen
- Studies of environmentally-friendly new reactions using light
- Studies of zeolites for synthetic organic chemistry
- Studies of useful new reagents and catalysts in organic chemistry
- Cui L., Matusaki Y., Tada N., Miura T., Uno B., Itoh A., Metal-Free Direct C-H Perfluoroalkylation of Arenes and Heteroarenes Using a Photoredox Organocatalyst, Adv. Synth. Catal., 355, 2203–2207 (2013).
- Nobuta T., Tada N., Fujiya A., Kariya A., Miura T., Itoh A., Molecular Iodine Catalyzed Cross-Dehydrogenative Coupling Reaction between Two sp3 C-H Bonds Using Hydrogen Peroxide, Org. Lett., 15, 574–577 (2013).
- Tada N., Cui L., Ishigami T., Ban K., Miura T., Uno B., Itoh A., Facile aerobic photooxidative oxylactonization of oxocarboxylic acids in fluorous solvents, Green Chem., 14, 3007–3009 (2012).
- Tada N., Hattori K., Nobuta T., Miura T., Itoh A., Facile aerobic photooxidation of methyl group in the aromatic nucleus in the presence of an organocatalyst under VIS irradiation, Green Chem., 13, 1669–1671 (2011).
- Nobuta T., Hirashima S., Tada N., Miura T., Itoh A., One-pot metal-free syntheses of acetophenones from styrenes through aerobic photo-oxidation and deiodination with iodine, Org. Lett., 13, 2576–2579 (2011).