In our laboratory, members who have worked in hospitals and pharmacies, are educating clinical pharmacists with ability to solve problems for contribution to medical practice, and are carrying out both educational and clinical researches based on pharmaceutical practices in medical sites. As educational researchers, we are educating pharmacists with wide expert pharmaceutical knowledge and abilities of clinical communication and problem solving, and are researching methods of learning and evaluation in the education. We are developing textbooks and evaluation criteria to measure skills regarding medical communication, and are researching establishment of method to evaluate it. We are researching construction of a program of comprehensive medicinal education for students, parents and local residents such as a teaching program of health and physical education, so that people can use medicines properly, in other words, for promotion of self-medication. As clinical researchers, we are extracting and elucidating clinical problems, and are trying to establish new evidence by cooperation with medical departments for appropriate use of medicines. For instance, we are evaluating drug efficacy, side effect and pharmacist’s work, and analyzing medical big data by methods such as pharmacoepidemiology and health economics.
- Research on construction of a program of education of clinical pharmacists with ability to solve problems
- Research on development of textbooks and scales to measure skills regarding medical communication
- Research on construction of a program of comprehensive medicinal education for promotion of self-medication
- Research on evaluations of drug efficacy, side effect and pharmacist’s work in pharmaceutical practices, and analysis of medical big data for appropriate use of medicines
- Teramachi H., Saito K., Esaki H., Kato M., Usui K., Noguchi Y., Tachi T., Katsuno S., Questionnaire Survey of Implementation Status of“Education for Medicines” at Junior High School in Japan, Jpn. J. Pharm. Health Care Sci., 41, 870-879 (2015).
- Tachi T., Teramachi H., Tanaka K., Asano S., Osawa T., Kawashima A., Yasuda M., Mizui T., Nakada T., Noguchi Y., Tsuchiya T., Goto C., The Impact of Outpatient Chemotherapy-Related Adverse Events on the Quality of Life of Breast Cancer Patients, PLoS ONE, 10, e0124169. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0124169 (2015).
- Noguchi Y., Esaki H., Asano S., Yokoi T., Usui K. Kato M, Saito K. Tachi T., Teramachi H., Analysis of Effects of the Diuretics on Levels of Blood Potassium and Blood Sodium with Angiotensin Receptor Blockers and Thiazide Diuretics Combination Therapy: Data Mining of the Japanese Adverse Drug Event Report Database, JADER, Jpn. J. Pharm. Health Care Sci., 41, 488-496 (2015).
- Teramachi H., Tachi T., Horiuchi T., Hozumi I., Sugiyama T., Tsuchiya T., Development and Evaluation of Advanced Problem-based Learning Classes as Part of an Integrated Curriculum for Sixth-year University Student, Jpn. J. Pharm. Health Care Sci., 38, 392-400 (2012).
- Teramachi H., Komada N., Tanizawa K., Kuzuya Y., Tsuchiya T., Development of Skill Scale for Communication Skill Measurement of Pharmacist, Yakugaku Zasshi, 131, 587-595 (2011).