Gifu, Japan

History

  • 1932 The University started as Gifu College of Pharmacy previously located in the Kokonoecho area of Gifu City
  • 1948 The College was reorganized into Gifu Pharmaceutical University (GPU).
  • 1953 GPU began its Master’s program in the graduate school.
  • 1965 GPU began its Doctoral program in the graduate school.
  • 1977 Kawashima Memorial Experimental Farm at Nenohara was established.
  • 1982 GPU celebrated its 50th year foundation as a leading pharmaceutical university in Japan.
  • 1990 The Institute of Biological Pharmacy was established to promote research on pharmaceutical sciences related to biotechnology.
  • 1997 The Murayama Informational Education Center was established
  • 1998 Gifu Pharmaceutical University established its own pharmacy to better prepare future pharmacists.
  • 2006 Two Departments, the Department of Pharmacy and the Department of Pharmaceutical Science were reorganized introducing the new six-year pharmaceutical program.
  • 2009 The new campus building was established in Daigakunishi, Gifu-city.
  • 2010 The head office, laboratories and the administrative offices of the university were moved into the new building.
  • 2012 Ph. D course at Graduate school for 4-year course’s students was established.
  • 2012 The 80 anniversary of the foundation was conducted.
  • 2014 The inter-university collaborative double degree program between GPU and Chukyo University was established in order for degrees awarded upon the Ph.D in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Science and the MBA (Master of Business Administration).
PAGETOP
Copyright © Gifu Pharmaceutical University All Rights Reserved.